Thursday, September 17, 2009

Synapses

Memory is an interesting thing.

Supposedly, all our memories are stored in our brain. We just don’t have the ability for total recall. But – we all have memories that pop up now and again that we remember with full clarity.

When I was about 6 or 7 years old – my sister, *Georgiana, taught me Puff The Magic Dragon.

I remember sitting with her and going over the lyrics until I learned the whole song.

I even remember not caring much for the slow part of the song but liking it when it picked up at the very end with the refrain again.

I also remember asking her what the song was about, where that sea was, and did there ever really used to be dragons?

I love music.

In my house - usually the radio (or nowadays the computer through the stereo) is playing music rather than the TV being on. To this day, that song is still one of my favorites.

It's so cool to have learning that song as one of my life long, never to fade away, memories.



Thanks to Peter, Paul and Mary.

Mary Travers: November 9, 1936 – September 16, 2009.


Oh yeah, BTW

*Mike -

Thank you to you too.

You're the bestest sister ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How nice to have tuned in today! I have to confess--it was years before I knew the double meaning of the lyrics. They're still just nice as they are. m of reston