Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year

State lost to Rutgers in the Pizza Bowl. It was close though. It looks like we’re turning the corner. I think this coming year will be the beginning of the breakthrough. It’s taken 2 solid years to recover from Coach Amato.

New Year’s Eve was a full day.

Half a day at work. Then went to see the Dead Sea Scrolls special exhibit. Then to the RBC Center for the State – Towson basketball game (which we handily won). Then checked in to a downtown hotel.

The plan was to go to First Night Raleigh and watch the Acorn Drop (Raleigh – City of Oaks). But – it had been such a long day – I fell asleep by 9 watching bowl games on TV. I did get a good view of the fireworks at midnight from the hotel window (the fireworks booming woke me up).

That was fine by me. It was too cold to be outside anyway.

New Year’s Day I just lazed around the house. Did some work I brought home with me and watched bowl games on TV. And I had a nice fire going in the fireplace.

Today (Friday) I went into the office even though I had planned to take the day off. I wanted to finish some work before a briefing Monday afternoon. I could have let it wait till Monday morning but I just don’t like to let things go to the last minute. You never know what might come up.

It’s still pretty cold and Nuke had a fire going when I got home. I think we’ll end up watching a DVD later.

No real plans for the weekend.

No comments: