Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Everything is Beautiful . . .

 

"Jesus loves the little children. All the children of the world. Red and Yellow, Black and White; They're all precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world."


I am 52 years old.

I never ever believed that America would elect a black man president in my lifetime.

I was certain that hidden racism would cost Obama the election.

I was wrong.

Hidden racism was in the voting - but not in the numbers I was afraid of.

I'm pretty passionate about voting and America. But I'll never be a political junkie or one of those people who get overly wrapped up in a candidate or party.

But I must admit - when we, that is America, finally overcame our prejudices and were able to elect a thoughtful, intelligent, calm and deliberative man to our highest office, who just happens to have brown eyes - well - I teared up a little.

I'm so happy to have seen it with my own eyes in my lifetime.

Barrack - Tutu is very proud of you.

Ex-Senator Dole

Elizabeth Dole was born in North Carolina. But she is not a North Carolinian.

She's a carpetbagger who somehow got elected and was thoroughly ineffective. I don't know who she was representing. Maybe George W. It sure wasn't us back here in NC.

She can pack her bags and head back to her real home in Kansas, er, The Watergate in Washington, DC.

Legacy

Bush will be known for ushering in the Obama era, the way Herbert Hoover was known for ushering in FDR or Pete Best was known for preceding Ringo.

No comments: