Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday, October 20 +Addendum


Lazy Saturday.

Did a little yard work – make that very little.

In the afternoon, been TV channel switching between the Miami – Florida State game and the Florida – Kentucky game (both very close seesaw games) and listening to the State – East Carolina game (24 – 20 State at the start of the 4th).

And, I made a loaf of bread in the bread machine that Aunt Suzanne gave me for Christmas a few years back.

I like using the bread machine. It’s a lot easier than kneading dough by hand and thus I’m more apt to make bread.

This pretty loaf turned out really nice. I substitute beer for water which adds a really nice flavor.

The house smells great!

Sunday Addendum



NC State finally wins a Division 1 game.

I'm glad we broke our losing streak against ECU.

I was at the game, 20 years ago, where ECU came to Carter-Finley, won the game and the ECU fans stormed OUR field to take down OUR goal posts.

In the ensuing melee, a State Campus Police Officer was seriously injured (almost lost her eye). ECU fan's crassness and unbelievable unsportsmanlike conduct has stuck with me ever since.

No comments: