Sunday, May 30, 2010

Who Are These People?

So - I'm driving home from work Friday.

My parking deck exits onto Salisbury Street - which I take (with an eventual cut over to Blount Street) to get to the Beltline / I-40.

Salisbury goes right between the new Marriott (on the left) and the new Convention Center (on the right).

Driving along - I begin to see a few, then more, and then A LOT of strangely - correction - bizarrely dressed people. A few of 'em were, ahh, well - cover up the kid's eyes - if you catch my drift.

The Marriott / Convention Center block - hundreds of 'em.

OMG - it's a Deviated Prevert Convention!



Right here in Raleigh.

Does the Mayor know 'bout this? Has anybody called Gen. Ripper?

Turns out it weren't nothing sinister. Just something called animazement.

Honest to God - I'd never even heard of cosplay before.

To each his own and all. But sometimes - well, just maybe, them Japanese folks don't need to export everything they come up with.

I'm just saying . . .

Hey - I wonder if my friend [#### ####### redacted] was there?

LOL

2 comments:

井上エイド said...

We've all been there: including wife and children. Lots of celebrities give speeches (and visit the local Japanese school).

It's been running for years and is one of the biggest events in the Southeast. People from all over the south travel to Raleigh to attend.

Fritz said...

Pictures, hello . . .