Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Jelly Belly

Many of us keep treats on our desks at work. Clyde keeps chocolate; Clara keeps peppermints; I used to keep Jelly Belly beans but switched to Jolly Ranchers.

Jolly Ranchers are individually wrapped, so it’s more sanitary.

But Jelly Bellies are tastier and more of a treat – I’ve decided to switch back.

Stopped at the Super Target in Apex on the way home – picked up a 2 lb bag and headed to the checkout.

Cashier (very young and cute) – “How are you this evening?

Bill – “I’m fine. Hope you are too.

Cashier – “No, I don’t feel so well.

Bill – “Sorry to hear that. I hope you’re on the way to feeling better and not the other way around.

Cashier – “No, it will get worse.

Bill – “Cold? Those summertime colds can be awful.

Cashier – putting hand on stomach – “No, not a cold.

Bill – TOTALLY DENSE & CLUELESS – “The flu! Those are awful too. Take care of yourself. I hope you feel better.

Cashier - "Ah, it's not the flu either."

Lady Behind Me (middle age), with a grin – “It’s the monthly stomach pain thing.

Bill – taking change and putting in my walled – “Oohhh! Lalalalalalalalalala. OK, I’m leaving now, bye.

Cashier and Lady – both laughing and making a show of waving – “Bye!

And, of course, the other people in line were observing the whole thing and snickering at me too.

Sigh . . . . I am such a doofus sometimes.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still say TMI on the part of the cashier...haha!