Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday July 13

Nothing new to blog about.

Work is good. Nothing too noteworthy there.

The 2 teams have been at NCSU and UNC respectively the past couple of months. I've finished my field work so I've been back at the office for a couple of weeks. Almost everybody else is still out so I've had the office to myself.

Which I like. A lot. A whole lot.

I actually like interacting with people - it's just that when I'm at my desk working I don't like to get interrupted. If I could get away with it - I'd have "office hours" - say from 9 to 10 and 2 to 3. You could only drop by my desk during those times. Off limits for the rest.

Of course the flip side is that when I need someone - bam! I'm at their office and on 'em in an instant!

I used to actually catch myself walking in and sitting down to wait for someone to finish a phone call. Not angry or anything - I'd just sit quietly and interpose myself on their private phone call so I could speak with them the nanosecond they hung up.

I mean - after all - what's more important than what I needed at that moment?

ROFL

It was totally unintentional - A number 1 asshole behavior - but I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to get with them ASAP - get whatever taken care of - and then out the door. Efficient.

Man, I can't believe I used to do that!

I haven't done that in years. At least I don't think I have.

But have someone interrupt me when I'm working intently? Grrrrrr . . . .

Remember the character Major Major Major Major from the book Catch 22? That's me.

Living in my own little Private Idaho.

DVDs

Watched 3 movies this week on DVD.

Junebug - how did this crappy thing get such good reviews?

Juno which was cute – witty dialogue. A light happy movie.

Also watched Before The Devil Knows You’re Dead. Awesome move – excellent acting. But very depressing. Yikes - I'm glad people don't behave that way in real life.

Philip Seymour Hoffman is such an excellent actor. Compare him in this move and in Capote - The Big Lebowski - Almost Famous - Charlie Wilson's War just to name a few. This guy throws himself into his parts, big or small.

Truck

Let’s see, what else?

Oh yeah - Getting my brother’s truck fixed. Found a local mechanic and had it towed there. Fuel pump needs replacing.

No comments: