Monday, June 30, 2008

Not Much

My brother-in-law and nephew came down this weekend. The nephew and his family have moved back to Tokyo and it looks like the move is permanent. They came down to see about possibly selling the house contents that have been in storage.

Well, no real luck or nibbles on ads in the paper or on Craig's List.

So - Chatham County Habitat for Humanity will be picking up the contents of the storage place this week.

They drove my brother's pick up truck down so they could take back a few things. No problems at all on the drive down but the truck refuses to start once they got to my house.

So - they drove my SUV back and I'll get the pick up truck repaired. Sister and brother-in-law are coming back to NC at the end of July for other events so we can switch back vehicles then.

All in all - not much was accomplished since there were no sales on the contents. I really didn't expect there would be. Usually you need a yard sale with things on display for people to get interested.

I could have arranged for Habitat to pick up the stuff.

But, I guess they had to go through the motions.

And, it was good to see Adrian.

Habitat is going to get some very nice stuff to sell in their Chatham County home furnishings store. If you need a practically new dinning room table and chairs (mission style), brand new office furniture, or assorted book shelves, sleep sofa, end tables, chairs, etc. - mostly contemporary style - head on over there after Wednesday.

No comments: