Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Airplane was Gone from the Roadside

Saturday was a long day.

First thing I did was a load of laundry, then left for breakfast and the NCSU vs Middle Tennessee State University football game.

CK, JN, CK's new girlfriend E, and I all met up at Cary Towne Center Mall and drove from there to the game.

State's season has been a disappointment. We should have had a great year, with whispers of being a possible dark horse for a BCS bowl.

Didn't happen.

After a great opening game with a close loss to Virginia Tech, the Wolfpack offense has sputtered all year. But, there have been bright spots. We have a bunch of talented running backs and a true freshman, Andre Brown, has stepped up and is going to be someone to keep your eye on. Our defense is really really good.

Today's game started out worrisome. NCSU offense had the ball only 3 minutes in the first quarter. But after that we got rolling. Won the game 24 - 3.

State must beat Maryland next week in our last game to qualify for a bowl game. Maryland is in the same situation. They must win to qualify for a bowl game. Should be quite a contest.

CK's new girlfriend, E, is really sweet and a cutie as well. JN became quite infatuated and, helped along with a little beer, invited her to next weeks final game. I didn't have anybody else in mind for next week's fourth ticket so that's cool. I think this was E's first college football game. I hope she had a good time. The crowd was kind of light this week but the final game should have a packed and emotional stadium.

Had tickets for NCSU basketball this weekend as well. The Hispanic Fund Invitational with 2 games Friday, 2 games Saturday and 2 games Sunday. I had a lot of stuff to do this weekend and knew I wouldn't be able to make the games. Friday's tixs went to CK & E, Saturday's games went to the kid who cuts my lawn, and I met up with a co-worker, MH, at the football game to give him today's (Sunday) tix.

Just as we were driving back to the mall after the game, my nephew, DH, called. He needed a lift to the rental car agency to pick up a vehicle to make a one way trip to NYC. Since I was already in Cary, the timing was perfect. After dropping off C and E, N and I drove over to D's house and took him to the airport. D had a new jazz cd which we played. But, the damn cd player jammed and wouldn't eject the cd. This has happened before but the stereo has always recovered and spit out the disc. Not this time.

N, who by now was pretty drunk from beer all day, decided he could un-jam the cd using a house key along with alternating finesse and brute force. Alcohol + house key + jammed cd player: That's a recipe for success! LOL

Truck goes to the Ford place next week to get the stereo replaced.

On the way home, late, about 21:00, I saw a TV truck on US 1 freeway by the side of the road. It was next to a small private airplane that was parked on the roadside (out of the way of traffic).

That's not something you see everyday.

Saw on the news report later, the plane had made an emergency landing on the highway earlier in the day.

This morning I ran errands, grocery shopping, framed a photo, and am now doing another load of laundry. Plus, I've got guests coming over later to burn some hamburgers on the grill. I'm writing this post in between laundry loads and I need to wrap it up.

On the way into town this morning, the airplane was gone from the roadside. Posted by Picasa

[Me and JN at NCSU vs MTSU - taken by CK]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah....like you are the ONLY blogger in the history of the internet to use initials! Fuck off you arrogant blowhard. Stop spamming up peoples comment pages with your retarded self-referential asininity. Goddamn jerk.

posts said...

Ah - to clarify folks -

Edo is my nephew!

He was just razzing me a little.

Thanks,

Bill

Anonymous said...

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooopsy.

posts said...

No problem.

Actually, I got quite a laugh out of it.

I decided early on, free expression will reign on here.

No politicial postings by me YET!

Keep checking back.

And thanks for reading my journal!